CONTEST RULES and REGULATIONS FOR
Hendrick’s Gin A.W.E.V.A.N.A.I.R. Golden Tickets Vancouver Contest (the “Contest”)
This Contest is administered by William Grant & Sons Ltd. (“Hendrick’s Gin”), and Peter Mielzynski Agencies Ltd. (“PMA Canada”) (individually and collectively, the “Sponsors”). The Contest runs from 00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 17, 2019 to 11:59 pm ET on July 15, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). Contest winners will be selected on July 16, 2019 and contacted within forty-eight (48) hours, as outlined in Rule 6 below. The Sponsors’ database computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
By entering this Contest, entrants automatically agree to comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”). All decisions of the Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entrants, are final and binding in all matters as they relate to this Contest. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to reject any entry that the Sponsors deem not to comply with these Rules.
The Sponsors encourage responsible drinking.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of the Province of British Columbia, who are at least nineteen (19) years old at the time of entry, except: (i) employees, mandataries, agents and representatives of the Sponsors, each of their affiliated companies and their advertising, promotion or other agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”); (ii) employees, mandataries, agents and representatives of the of the provincial liquor agency and liquor licensees; as well as (iii) members of the immediate family of the aforementioned employees, mandataries, agents and representatives and persons with whom such employees, mandataries, agents or representatives are domiciled. “Members of the immediate family” are defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
2. HOW TO ENTER – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To enter, follow the instructions set out in the Hendrick's Gin Contest Microsite (www.hendricksgin.com/balloonBC) (the “Site”). You must complete and submit the entry form found on the Site, providing the information requested therein (including your full name, date of birth, e-mail address, permanent home address and phone number). Entries will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day.
3. PRIZES: There is a total of ten (10) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of: (a) two (2) Hendrick's Gin A.W.E.V.A.N.A.I.R GOLDEN TICKETS, for the winner and his/her guest, which allow for a five (5) minute Hendrick's Hot Air Balloon Ride in Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia (“Event”) to a tethered elevation of “44 & 1/4 cucumbers” elevation (exact location to be confirmed; exact elevation subject to variation) August 2 or 3, 2019 between the hours of 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm ET, based on the winners’ availability and subject to the discretion of the Sponsors and the pilot; and (b) exclusive access to Hendrick's VIP Departure Lounge in Downtown Vancouver on August 2 and 3, 2019. Approximate retail value of each prize is Eighty-five Canadian Dollars ($85.00). Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded.
The winners and their guests are solely responsible for all costs and expenses not expressly included in the prize description above, including, without limitation, any and all transportation to the Event, parking at the Event, meals and beverages, and other personal expenses of any kind or nature. The winners and their guests must be available to attend the Event at the times and dates determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, failing which the prize will be forfeited. The winners’ guests must be at least nineteen (19) years old. The winners and their guests understand that there are inherent risks involved in participating in the Event and they voluntarily assume these risks. The Sponsors are not responsible for changes in schedule of any component of the prize. The prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions imposed by the supplier of each prize component. The winners and their guests must abide by all rules, regulations and policies at the Event. The prize does not include any special access or admission to any event organized by the Honda Celebration of Light. The Sponsors reserve the right to revoke the prize and/or components thereof from any winner or winner’s guest who it or Event personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a risk, have violated any Event rules, regulations or policies, or may bring the Sponsors into disrepute.
The prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution and is not transferable or redeemable for cash or allowed to be sold. The Sponsors have the right to substitute the prize, in whole or in part, in the event that all or any safety of the components of the prize is unavailable. In the event that the winner is unable to redeem any or all of the prize components due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, no cash alternative or other compensation or substitution will be provided.
In no event shall the Sponsors be held to award more prizes that what is mentioned in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
4. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION PROCESS (RANDOM DRAW): Ten (10) entries will be selected, by random draw conducted at DotLabel, Belvedere House, Basingtoke, Hampshire, U.K. RG21 4HG. on July 16, 2019 at 9:00 am GMT. The Sponsors has the right to refuse to award a prize to anyone whom it reasonably believes has not complied with these Rules. Odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Attempts will be made by representatives of the Sponsors’ to contact all potential winners by email and/or phone within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw. If a selected winner cannot be contacted by email and/or phone (or fails to respond to any email and/or phone message left for him/her or such message is returned as undeliverable) within forty-eight (48) hours following the initial attempt by the Sponsors, that selected winner will be disqualified from the Contest and the Sponsors may, at their sole and absolute discretion, select another potential winner, whom the Sponsors or their representatives shall attempt to contact, and who shall in turn be subject to disqualification. The process noted above will be repeated until a selected entrant is contacted or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsors have the right to refuse to award the prizes to anyone whom it reasonably believes has broken any of these Rules.
Before, and as a condition of, being declared a winner and being awarded a prize, each potential winner must: (a) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by the Sponsors; and (b) sign and return to the Sponsors, within the timeframe stipulated by the Sponsors, a declaration and release form generally confirming compliance with these Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded without substitution, and releasing the Contest Entities from any liability whatsoever arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, and acceptance, use or misuse of the prize or any component thereof. Each winner’s guest must also sign and return a declaration and release form, as provided by the Sponsors, within the timeframe stipulated by the Sponsors, prior to the issuance of any travel documents.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the extent allowed by applicable law, the Sponsors shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby released from, any and all costs, expenses, injuries, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, and acceptance, use or misuse of the prize or any component thereof, (ii) incomplete, lost, stolen, delayed, late, damaged or misdirected entries, (iii) any human, typographical or other error in the printing of any Contest-related materials, the administration of the Contest or the announcement of a prize, including any incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information, (iv) any computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud, (v) any failure of the Site during the Contest Period, (vi) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, hardware, software, delay or failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from accessing the Site or entering or attempting to enter the Contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be disqualified if the number of entries submitted exceeds the limit set out in these Rules or if entries are incomplete, illegible, submitted by macros or other automated means, mechanically or robotically programmed or reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, altered or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsors shall assume no liability whatsoever for any situation in which their inability to act results from an event or situation unforeseeable or beyond their control, including but not limited to force majeure, a strike, lockout, or any other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the businesses whose services are used to hold this event.
6. THIRD PARTIES: The BC Liquor Distribution Branch is not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and is not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest. In addition, this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Honda Celebration of Light, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform where this Contest may be promoted. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to the Honda Celebration of Light, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform and that the latter have no liability for any element of this Contest.
7. MODIFICATION, TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF CONTEST: The Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, and without notice, to disqualify any entry, or to modify, terminate, or suspend this Contest for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, if a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrant(s), or other cause corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest. If the Contest is thus terminated before the designated end date, a random draw will be conducted by the Sponsors from among those eligible entries received prior to the termination in order to select potential winners, to the extent possible.
8. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
9. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: This Contest and any disputes relating thereto are governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts in District of Vancouver, British Columbia, for resolution of any disputes relating to this Contest and waive any objection thereto to the extend allowed by applicable law.
11. PUBLICITY. Entry in this Contest and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their agencies to use the winner’s name, province of residence, voice, biographical information, statements, photographs and likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
12. WINNERS’ NAMES. The name and province of residence of each of the winners may be obtained for three (3) months after the end of the Contest Period by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. SPONSORS: You may contact the Sponsors by sending written communications to: Hendrick's Gin c/o PMA Canada Ltd, 231 Oak Park Blvd, Oakville, ON, L6H 7S8. If you experience technical problems with the Site or for general assistance, you may also contact the Sponsors by e-mail at email@example.com.