Hendrick’s Dry January Umbrella Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHEREVER TAXED, PROHIBITED OR RESTICTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
This Hendrick’s Dry January Umbrella Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 p.m. (EST) on 01/18/2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on 1/20/2023.
To Enter: 1) Follow @hendricksginus on Instagram. 2) “Like” the Dry January Umbrella Instagram post 3) Comment on the Dry January Umbrella Instagram post. 4) Tag a friend in the Dry January Umbrella Instagram post.
1. Prizes: Three (3) grand prizes will be awarded. Winner will receive One (1) Hendrick’s Umbrella. Not Included: Hendrick’s Gin - Sold Separately
2. Approximate retail value of prize is $48 USD. Any prize details not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize transfers. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with a prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. Sponsor makes no representations regarding the tax liability associated with any prize, and each winner is advised to seek counsel regarding any tax liabilities associated with their prize. Unless otherwise indicated herein or in any applicable manufacturer’s warranty information, all prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and actual value of a prize will not be awarded. Under no circumstances will alcohol beverages be provided as part of a prize.
3. Determination of Winner/Odds of Winning: The winner will be determined by random drawing on or about 1/20/2023 by random generator. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries timely received. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone on or about 1/23/2023. If the potential winner cannot be located via e-mail or telephone within 2 days of the first attempted notification, prize may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, automatically be forfeited and another winner selected. Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release, within 7 days of notification or prize may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, automatically be forfeited and awarded to another winner. If prize requires international travel, and winner does not have a valid passport, prize may, at sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to another winner. Winner's guests must sign and return a liability/publicity release form prior to travel. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes winner and guest's consent to use of their name, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (the “Eligibility Area”) who are age 21 years or older (as of the date of participation). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesale distributors, advertising partners, advertising and promotion agencies, printers, suppliers, and distributors and retailers of alcohol beverages, as well as members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. All determinations of eligibility will be made by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may be made at any time. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Sweepstakes is intended for viewing and participation within the Eligibility Area only. Do not participate in the Sweepstakes unless you reside legally within the Eligibility Area. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Eligibility Area, and is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Sponsor’s determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time.
5. Sweepstakes Agreement: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THEY: [A] HAVE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM, AND BY THE INTERPRETATIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE SPONSOR, AND BY THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES, WHICH ARE FINAL IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES; [B] AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES AS FURTHER DETAILED IN SECTION 11; [C] ACKNOWLEDGE COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES; [D] WARRANT THAT ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES IS TRUE, ACCURATE AND COMPLETE; AND [E] AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
6. General Conditions: No substitution of prize for cash except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Cash substitution may be less than approximate retail value of prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner's sole responsibility. Winner's guest must be 21 years of age or older and must travel on the same itinerary. By participating in this Promotion the winner, for and on behalf of himself or herself and all of his or her heirs, personal representatives and assigns, voluntarily accepts and assumes all risk associated with participating in this Promotion and accepting, using or misusing any prize, and further agrees to completely and forever defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, and agencies harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, expenses, actions, demands, causes of action or other liabilities, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, fixed or otherwise, arising or resulting in any manner from and/or by reason of the winner's participation in the Promotion and/or his or her receipt, acceptance, use and/or misuse of any prize. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion in whole or in part without notice or further obligation.
7. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder, as of the date of entry, of the e-mail address from which entry was submitted. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due entries, or for online entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by website visitors or by any human or technical error. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Promotion, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion. ANY PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS, SUCCESSFULLY OR OTHERWISE, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SPONSOR OR PROMOTION-RELATED WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SPONSOR WILL SEEK THE PROSECUTION OF, AND DAMAGES FROM, ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Release and Indemnification: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PRINTERS, SUPPLIERS, AND ANY DISTRIBUTORS AND RETAILERS OF ALCOHOL BEVERAGES; AND INSTAGRAM; TOGETHER WITH THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS OF EACH (AFOREMENTIONED INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM ANY WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY SPONSOR OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Indemnity: By participating, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Releasees due to or arising out of their entry, or their conduct in creating an entry, or otherwise in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
10. General: Releasees and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled entries, registration forms, release forms or any other documents; (b) technical errors, failures, or interruptions related to computers, hardware, software, programming, servers, providers, networks, or telephones; (c) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including the inability to submit entries or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention; (d) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer or device from entrant's access of the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical or electronic; (e) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Sweepstakes users or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in the Sweepstakes; (f) any printing errors, typographical errors, or human errors, including but not limited to any human, mechanical typographical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries or announcement of winners; (g) changes to social media platform policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Sweepstakes; (h) content filtering or any malfunction/error/failure which may impact the accessibility of entries or the transmission or receipt of winner verification notices (or other communications with winners); or (i) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may consider entries to be void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Releasees are not responsible for the actions of participants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including participants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any conflict between any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes advertising materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select the applicable winner(s) via the means of winner determination described in these Official Rules (from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable), or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described in these Official Rules only. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. Each entry is the opinion or view of the applicable entrant, and does not reflect the views of the Releasees. Instagram is not a sponsor of, and does not endorse, this promotion. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
12. Publicity: By participating, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), social media handle(s), voice, biographical information, Sweepstakes entry, and written or oral statements (collectively, the “Materials”), for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of the Materials.
13. Disputes: By participating, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in New York County, New York, and each entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Releasees in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. Severability/Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
16. Winner's List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to William Grant & Sons, Inc. at 300 Park Ave S, New York, NY All requests for the winner's list must be postmarked by 1/20/2023 and received by 1/23/2023. Sponsor: William Grant & Sons, Inc., New York, NY
HENDRICK'S GIN 44% ALC/VOL. ©2022 BOTTLED AND IMPORTED BY WILLIAM GRANT & SONS. NEW YORK, NY. SIP THE UNUSUAL RESPONSIBLY.